Monday, January 26, 2009

I JUST couldn't not share...

I MUST say first, I have worked hard and spent many a stolen minute watching HGTV, surfing the web, and wandering the shelves of many a craft boutique... Trying to recreate the many and expensive hot new crafty decor items, aged and antiqued furniture-all the wonderful darling world of shabby chic EVERYTHING!! So, then I started to get smart. I wanted to have all these cute things in my new townhome, but I didn't want to pay for them. For any of them! So, DI (thrift stores) became my new best haunt (in fact they do actually know and recognize me there...Never really a trip goes by someone doesn't love Naschie's curly top) and I used and resued all the "good bones" furniture/homefurnishings I could find. Painted, aged, sanded, stitched, knitted, croched, glazed, assembled, shopped, dumpster-dived, antiqued, and then repainted again. Over the last couple of YEARS. And I did it all self-taught. Then came the website, and my sweet hubby saying,"Take a picture of everything in this house and post it on your etsy site" and yes, I wanted to get my work out there to sell. But mostly to make some bucks to pay for my next try at what ever my brain decides to tackle! So, here is my opus of this work, I hope you get the whif of Joy and see all the fun I have had putting this blog to life... Oh, and check out http://www.palmegranateandco.etsy.com/ for completed decor and crafty items, patterns, finished furniture, etc. Have an idea but don't know how to execute, like stain aging or what to look for in "good bones"? Lets put our heads together...Email me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment